Unlike other instruments, which can be played by anyone with skill, bass players are special. When you play bass, your instrument is seen as the most important part of the music. As a result, people who play bass are often treated differently from other musicians. Bass players have a distinct role in a band’s overall sound. Not only do they define the rhythm, but they also add depth and texture to the music.
Although, bass players are often overlooked by listeners and critics, who don’t always realize how essential they are to a song’s success. However, there are some bassists who have earned their place in history as some of the best ever to play the instrument. Bass players have a distinct role in a band’s overall sound. Not only do they define the rhythm, but they also add depth and texture to the music.
Moreso, the bass guitar has a huge range and can play notes that are low enough to rattle your chest cavity, while still being able to play high enough to make your ears bleed. It’s a very versatile instrument, but also one of the most confusing if you’re just starting out.
So, if you are in search of the best bass player quotes and sayings below are amazing ones for you. Go ahead and make use of them.
Bass Player Quotes and Sayings
Bass players are the lifeblood of a band. They bring all the low end to the airwaves, pound away at your eardrums, and make you dance on the dance floor. You can’t buy a good bass player, but you can hire one!
1. The bass can be a tricky instrument and you need to know how to play it well. But if you learn the basics, then you’ll be able to bestow upon your listeners an experience that they won’t soon forget.
2. Bass Players are the heart of any band, you always know how to get people’s attention with your amazing sound and style.
3. There’s nothing like a bass player. Bass players always have the last word.
4. Bass players are often forgotten in the limelight, but they bring a lot of soul to any band.
5. Bass is a powerful instrument with many layers of tone and emotion. Bass players can be moody, strange, funny, and sometimes even rude.
6. Bass players don’t know what they’re talking about. They’ll say ‘what a great sound’ when they’re playing with their fingers and they won’t know how to read sheet music without it getting on their nerves. The only thing that matters is the integrity of the music, not how loud you play or if you got a cool new amp or whatever else it is some bass players are always mentioning.
7. The bass is my favourite instrument. I love to play it, I love to hear it. I just love the deep tone and the feeling you get when you play it right.
8. The bass is the heartbeat of rock ‘n roll. Bass is the heartbeat of any good song. All the bass you need is in your heart.
9. I’ve always known that music was in my soul, but I had no idea it could be such a perfect match for me.
10. When you set out to be the bass player, you don’t want to be just the bass player.
11. Bass players are the unsung heroes of the music industry. They keep your sound tight and solid while providing a rich, full bottom to every song they play!
12. Bass players are the lifeblood of a band. They say the most beautiful things.
13. Bass players are the hardest-working musicians on earth. Bassists do more than just play their instrument, they’re also part of a community that supports and encourages each other. Here’s to all the bass players out there who make our music so sweet!
14. The bass is the heartbeat of the rhythm section. It’s the heartbeat of your band. It’s the heartbeat of music.
15. Life is a journey and not a destination. You must be willing to leave the things you’ve learned behind, and start over again. Let your bass take you there.
16. Bass is the heartbeat of every song and it can be heard in every note.
17. If you want to give your bass more soul, don’t be afraid to boost it! Music creates the future and plays the part in which we are required to act.
18. You can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need.
19. There’s no bass player as cool as me, so don’t give up on your dreams just because you can’t play like me.
20. Bass players are the glue that holds the band together. Bass players are like rock stars
21. Bass players are like the most humble people on earth. They don’t care much about themselves, and they won’t let anyone else care either.
22. Bass players rule the world. They’re the only people who can pause a song and take over what’s going on.
23. Bass is the best thing that I have ever done in my life. If you can play bass, you can do anything.
24. Incredible basslines for all bass players out there! Bass is the soul of the music!
25. Bass is the foundation, without it, you can’t build anything. Bass defines the core of the soul. Bass is Life.
26. If you only practice bass, you’ll only get better at it. If you practice every day, you’ll never stop getting better at it either.
27. The bass is the backbone of a track. It’s everything and nothing, yet it always sounds right. Music is my life. It is a part of me and I feel its energy from deep within.
28. Bass players are probably the toughest musicians out there—they can’t play an instrument and still sound good.
29. Bass players. They never sleep. And they always play by ear.
30. Bass players are the only ones who can make a song sound good. They are the unsung heroes of the rock band.
31. Bass players are not just a rhythm section. They’re the heart and soul of the music.
32. I think the bass player is the heart and soul of the band; it’s always been that way and I think it’ll always be that way. Bass players are like drummers, they’re the silent ones in the background but they’re a huge part of making a song.
33. Bass players don’t just play a rhythm, they’re the foundation of it. Your bass is the heartbeat and pulse of any band.
34. Bass players never fail to make an impression—even when the music is silent. Bass is the heartbeat of the band.
35. Bass is the soul of the band and the heart and soul of your home. These really are the best days of our lives.
36. When you’re in a band, bass players are the rock stars. They can make or break a song. They are the coolest dude ever.
37. Bass players are not always the most interesting people in a band, but they keep the beat going. Happy bass twang day!
38. Bass players are like knights in shining armour, they make everything better. They rock and rule.
39. Bass players are the ones who keep the beat. They are like the little engine that could.
40. The bass player is the guy who stands on the sidelines, yelling ‘Run for it!’” Great bass players know how to get low. And they do it by playing high on the fretboard.
41. Bass players are the wind beneath your wings.
42. Bass players are the lifeblood of a band. They add a dimension that no other instrument can—they can make your band sound thick, or thin, slow or fast, raucous or elegant. And without them, the music would just be boring.
43. Bass players are often overlooked in that they play the lowest notes. But their influence is undeniable and can be heard in every genre of music.
44. Bass players are the most underrated musicians in the world. They play bass. They don’t just play the song, they make it happen.
45. Bass players are the unsung heroes of the music world. They keep everything moving in one direction, from kick drum to snare drum and everything in between.
46. Bass players don’t think, they just play. But it’s the way they do it that makes them great.
47. Bass players make your music sound better, but you’re the one who makes it happen.
48. Bass players don’t get enough credit. They make all other instruments sound good and they’re often underappreciated.
49. Bass players are like the wind. You can’t see the bass player, but you can definitely feel them.
50. Bass players are like animals. Not the furry ones though. They are made, not born.
51. Bass is the foundation of any band; without it, there would be nothing. They’re always there when you need them most. It’s like we have supernatural powers
52. Bass players rule. They keep the beat, they make you dance and shake your booty.
53. Bass players are like the bass drum in a marching band—they make everything sound better.
54. Bass players can be really the nicest people to hang out with, especially if they’re playing your favourite type of music.
55. Bass players are like unicorns. They exist, but they are rarely seen. The bass player isn’t just a rhythm section. He’s the beat of your life.
56. Bass player: the ideal musician to play behind singer-songwriters on stage.
57. Bass players are like the wind. You can hear them coming, but you never know how long they’ll be around.
58. There’s a reason why bass players get called the backbone of the band. They are the ones that keep things moving and make sure everything is on time.
59. A bass player is best when he plays guitar and drums at the same time. It’s going to be a great day when a bass player walks into a room
60. Music is a higher language. Bass players can fully express themselves in music and live a life beyond words.
The bass player is the forgotten hero. They are the earliest member of the band, and they are the last standing member at the end. The bass doesn’t get credit for its role. It doesn’t matter how many notes you can play, which string you play it on, or how fast you can play it. The reality is that you can play as many notes as you want on any given song, but unless those notes compliment the song, no one else will hear them. Feel free to make use of these bass player quotes and sayings and do not hesitate to leave your comment in the comment section.