At some points in our lives – it could be most times too, we are so down and unsure of so many things in our lives that, we just need all of the encouragements and assurances we can get. It’s fine. It’s normal. Life can just be something most times.
But in succeeding lines, I’ve captured different states of emotions alongside their prayers and bible verses.
They’re short; they can be easily said even amidst weakness, and they’re easy to memorize if need be.
They’re handy; they are prayers and bible verses that you can say by yourself, and even pass to a loved one.
Effective Encouragement Prayers with Bible Verses
Effective Prayers you need pray to encourage yourself, alongside suitable Bible verses to guide you.
1. Desperate and don’t know who to turn to for help;
Dear Father, thank you for life. According to your word that we should ask and we’d get, I table my needs before you ask that you send help to me. Amen. (Matthew 7:7-9).
2. For those feeling depressed, and it seems like no one understands;
Lord, thank you for you are my light and my salvation. Hence, I need not be afraid. You know my thoughts and fears, and I trust you take care of me. Amen. (Psalms 27).
3. When it seems like God is far away;
Thank you, Lord, for knowing my thoughts and even my frame while I was being made. I am important to you. And I believe this according to your word. Amen. (Psalms 139).
4. When it seems like the people around you have failed you;
Thank you, Father, for the assurance we have in you. I trust in you and I hold on to you alone. Amen. (John 14).
5. When you’re feeling like your sin is the greatest, and you’re not worthy to even talk to God;
Lord, I admit my sins. And I ask for forgiveness of them. Cleanse me and make me whole again. Amen. (Psalms 51).
6. When you’re worried and in constant thought;
You know my tomorrow and you’ve promised to take care of me. I choose to trust your words. Amen. (Matthew 6:19-34).
7. When you’re in danger and constant fear;
Thank you, Lord, for the assurance of safety I have in you. I need not fear for you’re here and you’re fighting my battles. Amen. (Psalms 91).
8. Are you discouraged about the goings-on at work?
Things may not be going as planned, but I trust in your plans and directions for my life. Amen. (Psalms 126).
9. Do people seem and act unkindly to you?
Thank you, Lord, for even though people act unkind to me, I walk in love towards them still. Thank you also, for their unkindness is made into kindness. Amen. (John 15).
10. Are you gradually losing confidence in people?
Thank you, Lord, I find the strength to walk in love towards people. And my confidence and trust in people are restored. Amen. (1 Corinthians 13).
11. Are you feeling insignificant?
Thank you, Jesus, for the manner of love you have towards me. Thank you that I’m beloved and significant. Amen. (1 John 3).
12. Feeling condemned?
Thank you, Lord Jesus, there is no condemnation for me for I am in you. Thank you for these words of acknowledgement and assurance. Amen. (Romans 8:1).
13. Are you being persecuted by those around you?
It is hard, Lord. But I know that you know how I feel, and you will not leave me alone even now. Amen. (Romans 8:35-37).
According to your words, I declare that I am not anxious about anything. I declare that my needs are met. I am not in lack. I walk in abundance. Amen. (Philippians 4:6).
15. Feeling unfruitful and unproductive?
My Father is the vine; I am a branch in Him. Hence, I am not unfruitful or unproductive. All of my fears are drowned in His perfect love. Amen. (John 15).
16. You in need of opportunities and ways to recognize them?
Opportunities are made available for me. And my eyes are open to seeing them. I am not at a loss for direction, in the name of Jesus. Amen. (Psalms 55).
17. Are you feeling discouraged?
I declare that I am not discouraged. I am not an unhappy person, for there is assurance of provision for me in Christ. Thank you, Lord. Amen. (Joshua 1).
18. Are you feeling down and unhappy?
I rejoice always. There is no sadness in me. There is no depression in me. I rejoice always. Amen. (Philippians 4:4).
19. Feeling in need of Christian assurance?
Lord, thank you for reconciling me back to you. Thank you because I am a son today. Thank you because I am one with you forever. Thank you because nothing can separate me from your love. Glory to God! Amen. (Romans 8:15-17; 1 Corinthians 1:2).
I am strengthened. I am not weak. I am complete in Christ; there is no deficiency in me in Christ. Amen. (Romans 8:11).
21. Are you feeling restless, and in need of peace of mind?
I have peace in Christ. There is no anxiety. I am seated in Christ in heavenly places. I win always. Amen. (Matthew 11:25-30).
22. Are you feeling impatient as a result of requests not answered yet?
Lord, I believe that it is your will to hear me all the time. Thank you for you answer me always. Thank you for I have the answers to my requests. I am patient. I am thankful. Amen. (Matthew 7:7; Matthew 21:22).
23. Feeling like a failure in all aspects of your life?
Thank you, Lord; I am more than a conqueror because you have loved me. Amen. (Romans 8:37)
24. Feeling bad for being corrected or admonished?
Thank you, Father, for correction does not mean hatred. Thank you for the opportunity to be corrected too. I stick to these corrections. Amen. (Romans 15:4).
25. In need of assurance for growth?
Thank you, Jesus, there is growth in you, therefore; I have growth in my endeavours. Amen. (1 Corinthians 3:7).
26. Being mocked for your values?
Always, I stick to the dictates of God. I choose not to be moved by external opinions. I have strength always. Amen. (1 Corinthians 5; 6).
27. Having disagreements that seem irreconcilable?
Thank you, Lord. I walk in love always; I learn to love as you have loved me. Amen. (1 Corinthians 13).
28. Looming danger?
The angels have a charge over me. On their hands, I am borne up. Amen. (Matthew 4:5).
29. Are you sick?
Thank you, Lord, you have taken all my infirmities and bore my infirmities. Hence, I declare healing for my body. Amen. (Matthew 8:17).
30. In need of general assurance?
All things are possible with you, Lord. My heart is not troubled. Amen. (Matthew 19:26).
31. Are you at a loss for directions? Seem not to know what do next?
Thank you, Father. I acknowledge that I have directions in you. I’m not at a loss for what to do. Thank you because my path is made straight. Amen. (Proverbs 3:6).
32. Upset with a loved one, and can’t seem to get past the offence?
I acknowledge that I am in Christ and that I have His Spirit. Hence, I walk according to my nature of love. I have the strength to get past my hurt and be at peace. Amen. (Proverbs 15:1-4).
33. Are you holding back and unsure?
I declare that I’m not unsure. I know when to do things, what to do and how to do them. Amen. (1 Samuel 30).
Lord, you’re my restorer. According to your words, I believe that I’m being restored in all aspects of my life. Amen. (Joel 2:25).
35. Reminder for being patient and not comparing with others;
I’m reminded that there’s time for everything. I’m reminded of what should be important to me. I stay firm in the faith and I reckon that I’m growing. Amen. (Ecclesiastes 3:1-5).
36. A reminder of God’s love towards you:
Thank you, Lord, you’re gracious, merciful, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love. Amen. (Joel 2:13)
37. A reminder of the importance of the gospel;
I do well to preach the gospel for; it is the power of God unto salvation. I’m not weary. I have boldness and I’ve got utterance. Amen. (Matthew 24:14).
38. Feeling alone and frightened?
You’re with me always for I have become one with you. Therefore, I face life without fear or fright. I am bold. Amen. (Matthew 28:20).
39. A reminder of the importance of God;
I reckon that you’ve been important, you’re important, and you’ll always be important. Amen. (1 Corinthians 3:7).
40. A reminder of what it is to love;
I am a love child; my Father is love. I walk in love always. I don’t walk contrary to my nature. I carry in my consciousness always this reality. Amen. (1 Corinthians 13).
41. A reminder of the importance of giving;
I know the importance of giving. I don’t give with grudges. I give with understanding. Amen. (Galatians 6:6).
42. A reminder of who we are in Christ;
Thank you, Lord; I have redemption through your blood which is the forgiveness of sins. I reckon that I am justified and my sins are not counted against me. Amen. (Ephesians 1:7).
43. Weary of praying;
I know the importance of prayer. I pray always. And I know my Father hears me always. Amen. (Ephesians 6:18).
44. A reminder to stay with the word;
I stick with the word always. I’m not moved my philosophies or traditions of men. I’m strengthened. Amen. (Colossians 2:8).
45. A reminder of the importance of honouring Pastors;
I know the importance of honouring my pastors. So, I honour them, I respect them, I pray for them. Thank you, Lord. (1 Thessalonians 5:12).
46. A reminder of the importance of brotherhood;
I know how to be at peace with my brother. I know how to honour my brothers always. My relationships with brothers give glory to God. Amen. (Psalms 133).
47. A reminder of God’s thoughtfulness;
I reckon that you care about me, even from the foundations of the earth. I reckon that you’re a thoughtful God and that you’re mindful of me. Amen. (Psalms 8:4).
48. A reminder of God’s promises to us;
Thank you, Lord, for you have great plans towards me. I bask in this reality all the time. Amen. (Psalms 37:3-7).
Thank you, Lord, I know you’re faithful to me all the time, in every situation. Amen. (Psalms 18).
50. A reminder of our victory;
I reckon that I win all the time. Even in the midst of adversities, I’m of good cheer for you have overcome the world. I wield the storms of life with this reality. Amen. (Psalms 126).
- Written By Eguzoro Sylvia.